With an Alumni community of over 1000 individuals living across the United States and the world, New Sector seeks to offer continued opportunities for engagement. These include ongoing professional development, volunteer, leadership, and community building opportunities. Please read below for more details, and contact Alumni@newsector.org to get involved or if you have an idea for new Alumni activities.
- Quarterly webinar-based training sessions on topics relevant to Alumni, such as Interviewing Skills, Maximizing your LinkedIn profile, and more!
- One-on-one office hours with any of our Staff Members, to discuss career development, get resume reviews, or other topics of Alumni interest.
We are fortunate to have Alumni volunteers who:
- Collectively offer hundreds of first-round interviews to fellowship candidates
- Recruit fellowship and host site candidates
- Serve as Mentors and Trainers to current Fellows
- Meet informally with current Fellows to help them expand their networks
Our Alumni Board is comprised of Alumni volunteers who represent the Alumni voice to New Sector’s Staff and Board, and who lead specific strategic initiatives relevant to New Sector’s growth.
We hope all Alumni stay involved through:
- Bi-monthly Alumni newsletters
- Annual July Heat celebrations of New Sector Alumni and Fellows
- Our annual Alumni survey (distributed in July)
- Twice-yearly Alumni community calls
“It’s amazing how much I use the New Sector experience and the trainings we had. I use it everyday and all aspects of it are directly connected to my current job.”
Alumni Career Coaching
New Sector Alliance is committed to helping Fellows launch their career in the social sector. The goals of Alumni Career Coaching are three-fold:
- Enhance and improve upon the incoming Fellow’s existing application materials to help land the type of role they want for the future
- Encourage Fellows to gather and update all of the materials they need for the job hunt
- Prepare Fellows for success in the New Sector host site matching process
Check out our online Alumni Career Coaching Training video here:
Please use the below materials for reference in your coaching sessions:
Incoming ILI Fellows have been provided with the following resources to help them prepare for the matching process. Please familiarize yourself with the online course, “pause for practice” worksheets, and reading resources that the Fellows will have reviewed prior to your coaching session.
Pause for Practice Worksheets: