Building Talent For the Social Sector
Through intensive fellowships New Sector Alliance prepares emerging talent
from across the nation for high- impact careers in the social sector
New Sector Fellows help community organizations advance their missions
as they engage in our model of professional development with:
- Social impact leadership curriculum
- Project based experiential learning
- One-on-one mentoring
- Coaching from peers and staff
Our programs focus on the distinct and targeted skills that highly motivated
emerging leaders need to successfully impact social issues.
With our partners’ support, New Sector Alliance has mobilized more than 1,000 emerging leaders and 1,000 experienced volunteers to deliver $40 million in value- add services to create measurable social impact in organizations focused on education, economic opportunity, health, disaster relief, and other critical community needs.
These core values guide our work:
- Connectedness: We believe in the value of each individual’s experience, and in the importance of networks and relationships among individuals.
- Commitment to Growth: We believe in the value of learning and improvement as lifelong, constantly evolving processes.
- Partnership for Accountability: We believe in results driven by mutual investment and mutual responsibility.
- Solutions-Focus: We believe in investing in targeted tools that create added value.
- Orientation to Opportunity: We believe that open, optimistic perspectives provide greater chances to make a positive impact in the world.